Week 1 of Ladder 42 -- Selected 3830 Comments (will also post to nsladder.blogspot.com )
K7SS 2980 “something about the ladder brings the action!!”
NA8V 2950 Boy, that was a helluva night. One Q short of the Magic 3K.
W8WTS 2495 Great start to Ladder XLII.
WD6T 2385 Too many lost jumps on 15, but 20 was good. 40 was abandoned too soon by the right coast. 80 first Q was N3QE with the golden ears. Then nobody heard me.? I see that 3830 has 10m and 6m
n Dave, I think 19 and 6 were always in the list ??? 10 and 6 are also on the FT4 NS list, which Vic is not involved with ???
W2RQ 2385 Great to have new computer available for this. But....did not realize it was set up for leading zeroes, a bit of an annoyance. Wasn't sure I'd even make it, as very close thunder and lightning leading up to the contest. Glad to hand out NJ
K8MR 2352 I certainly didn't waste time working non-new multipliers! The only non-unique: NH on 15 meters!
WJ9B 2142 Clock got away from me, time was up while still on 40m! But, made the 50/2000 club.
VE3YT 2021 Wow that !!went by fast! Saved by a decent mult ratio. Thanks for a great week 1 of the ladder. Now to practice those QTCs.
AJ6V 1920 Thanks to N6ZFO for shepherding this contest for so many years to become the great contest that it is today.
Compliments are always appreciated!! Zfo
W4NZ 1833 Great start for the ladder
N8EA 1794 Things seized up after 2 contacts on 80M. I have been working on this problem and just can't figure it out. I am now thinking it is RFI - so I may possibly try QRP to see what happens. 73 joe
n Good luck on that, Joe.
K1GU 1672 May the Ghost of the Locust Haunt You
N3QE 1443 15M was lots of nice clear signals, all of which I lost jump balls to
WQ5L 1085 Conditions seemed to be quite good. Instead of "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop”
K8CN 924 Have not been on the bands much with my time devoted to testing and aligning a 60 year old Heathkit SB-110A 6 meter transceiver, and finding it balky, especially with the transmitter alignment. It has been a good refresher in 'hollow state' technology on which I grew up.
AJ1DM 806 Have not been on the bands much with my time devoted to testing and aligning a 60 year old Heathkit SB-110A 6 meter transceiver, and finding it balky, especially with the transmitter alignment. It has been a good refresher in 'hollow state' technology on which I grew up.
N6ZFO 480 After 25 years, finally a ladder I didn't set up!
AH7RF 399 One of my highest sprint scores, yay! I looked, the other ones had the easy to work Stan AH6KO in there and/or were in winter where I get some 40m contacts, so I'm pretty pleased with this :-)
NM2A 357 In MT for the summer. Beautiful. But, got a fire called the "Moose" throwing off all kinds of smoke. Hope this clears before the Perseid meteor shower! Got a better score than last time. All this op can ask for!! LOL
W4CMG 64 Red Cross issue kept me busy most of the event, but I managed to grab a few minutes at the end.
We’ll take that as A good excuse, Cathy! Pleased to catch you tonite. Bill ZFO
AA9RK 63 It felt good to be back, even for a few minutes. I have been mostly QRT this summer due to neighborhood S9+ broadband RFI,
K4DXV 25 Whew! Y'all about wore me out. I tried pushing up to 30 wpm and could get most of the exchange, but Lord bless all of you that slowed down for me on those serial numbers!
Keep plugging. . you’re a value new NS’r Bill ZFO
KK0U 4 Made two contacts, got called away. Beat *that* for a low score!
K6UFO 483 QRP Love the Ladder! Everything about the remote setup worked okay tonight, except I need more light or better glasses to see my screen and keyboard.
No comments:
Post a Comment